Posted by Amanda Shulman on October 5th, 2012
Now that fall has officially arrived, what better way to welcome it in with the Midtown Village Fall Festival. This year, the festival turns seven. The festival closes down 13th Street from Locust to Chestnut, Drury Lane, Sansom from 12th to Juniper and new this year, Locust between 12th and 13th.
The block party brings all the local restaurants to the street with awesome food and drink. Hotspots like Barbuzzo, Sampan, El Vez, Lolita, Jamonera and Zavino will be providing food, beer, and cocktails to make your wander around the block a little more fun.
Handmade crafts will also be sold, and some boutiques on the strip, like Open House and Scarlet Fiorellea will have one-day specials.
If you have kids, bring em (or borrow some if you can) because the Philadelphia Fire Department has teamed up with the festival to expand their ‘Little Villager” area. Moon bounces, sidewalk chalk, and pumpkin painting, basically a child’s fall paradise.
There’s also an Obama versus Romney themed dunk tank to raise money for the Fallen Heroes Memorial in Franklin Square, so warm up your arm and let your political opinions be made clear. Besides these activities, DJs, Sumo wrestling, a pop-up beer garden and sidewalk sales will be present too. Its sure to be a day of fun, food, and shopping for all and isn’t something you’ll want to miss.
Midtown Village Fall Festival [Midtown Village]
110 S 13th St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Fall Festivals Galore
- Save the Date for the Midtown Village Festival
- Opa Opens a Secret Beer Garden
- Midtown Village Fall Festival
- Spiga Opens This Saturday in Midtown Village
- Brü Hosts Its Grand Opening – We’ve Got the Menu and a Look at the Massive Mixed Meats & Wurst Platter
- Bring in Fall with Opa, Mediterranean Style
- Woody’s Getting Serious About Beer
- Tired of the Same Old Beers, Time Has Some New Beers Tonight