Posted by Maegan Cadet on October 8th, 2012
Monk’s Cafe is at it again with their Mad Mondays. This time, they’ve gone Russian, Russian River that is. Fundraising for Natalie’s Breast Cancer Charity, they’ve pulled out all the stops with several beers hand-picked for your drinking pleasure. Head over there as soon as you can, because the line is already out the door.
A sampling of beers served, described by Monk’s Cafe:
Russian River Framboise For A Cure: Temptation as the base beer. An oak aged, sour ale refermented with locally sourced raspberries.
Russian River’s Toronado 25th Anniversary: This unique one of a kind beer is a blend of 6 different beers: strong pale ale, strong dark ale, pale ale with currants, blonde ale, baltic porter, and Sonambic, our spontaneously fermentation beer. It has nice bouquet of brett, fruit, spice, vanilla, and oak. This a full-bodied beer with hints of oak and nice sourness in the flavor.
Also being served from the keg is a special beer, never before sent out of California. Monk’s Cafe assures us that “it’s not Pliny the Younger,” so you’ll have to drop by to find out what it is.
Monk’s Cafe [Official Site]
Photo by Suzanne Woods | Beer Lass
264 S 16th St, Philadelphia, PA
- Monk’s Mad Monday Lineup
- It’s Another Mad Monday at Monk’s
- Monk’s Cafe Is Celebrating Zwanze Day
- Monk’s Debuts the Newest Trappist Brewery Tonight
- Pliny the Younger at Monk’s Will Raise Cash for Alex’s Lemonade Stand
- Monk’s Mad Monday with Dogfish Head Starts Now
- SEPTA Bus Hits Monk’s
- Tired Hands Hosting an R5 Bar Crawl This Saturday
- Tonight: Special Beers at Tria Wash West