Posted by Amanda Shulman on October 11th, 2012
The leaves are beginning to change colors in Downingtown and Avalon Pasta Bistro is readying the fall flavors. Enticing dishes let some seasonal stars shine in all the right ways. Start with a small plate like the Duck Fat Roasted Potatoes with parmesan and truffle oil, or the Baby Meatballs with san marzano tomatoes.
The salads get a serious dose of autumn, specifically the Autumn Panzanella, featuring figs, pickled red onions and shaved ricotta saluta. On the heartier end, be sure to check out the Overnight Chicken with butternut squash and paparpardelle, the Effin’ Hot Filet Tips with kale, pepper relish, orchiette, poached egg, and crispy shallots, or the Three Cheese Tortelloni with apple, cranberry, maple brown butter.
Avalon Pasta Bistro [Official Site]
Avalon Pasta Bistro
78 West Lancaster Ave, Downingtown PA
- Suburban Snacks: All Prix Fixe at Avalon Pasta Bistro and Roman-Jewish in Berwyn
- Suburban Snacks: Patio Construction in Downingtown, Milepost Pub at Whole Foods, New in Ambler, Wayne and Willow Grove
- Avalon in West Chester Changes It Up for Spring
- Avalon’s Fall Menu Warms
- Suburban Snacks: Fundraising Incentives, Modern Mexican & a Foie Meal
- More Than Just Dogs Grilling At Avalon
- Suburban Snacks: Bubby’s, Balboa’s & Wayback Prices
- New Spring Menu At Avalon
- Suburban Snacks: Avalon Opens in Downingtown, Brew Pub for Ardmore