Posted by Foobooz on October 11th, 2012
This Saturday, October 13th, Reading Terminal Market is bringing the country to you. From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., the 12th annual Harvest Festival is taking place outside the Market on Filbert Street. Shut down to cars for the day, Filbert Street will be transformed into a full farm experience, transporting all of you city mice who are looking for a sweet country escape. Think giant bales of hay, corn stalks, farm tractors, and hay rides around the market. If this isn’t making you feel like you’re getting closer to Old McDonald already, then check out the food. All the Market’s vendors will be offering seasonal goods like personal fried apple pies, harvest-themed cookies and candies, fudges, brittles, caramel and candy apples, fresh doughnuts and some serious barbecue. Local produce, like squash, apples, and pumpkins, will be available so you can bring the seasonal fun home to your own kitchen.
If activities are more your style, have no fear. Games for the kids, pumpkin decorating and pie-eating contests will be going on throughout the day. A bluegrass band, Special Delivery, will be providing some tunes so you can nibble on your treats while swaying to some country crooning.
Harvest Festival [Reading Terminal Market]
- 23rd Annual Pennsylvania Dutch Festival Coming This Weekend
- Tomorrow Is the Ultimate Philadelphia Ice Cream Festival
- Reading Terminal Market Is Going to the Dogs
- Field House Reopening This Weekend with Andrew Brown in the Kitchen
- Profi’s Creperie At The Terminal
- DiNic’s Up for Best Sandwich in America
- Third Thursdays at the Reading Terminal
- Brunch Without the Wait: Molly Malloy’s
- Free Lunch at Reading Terminal Market