Posted by Aubrey Nagle on October 18th, 2012
On Monday, October 22, at 6 p.m. Paris Wine Bar is hosting famous author “Hoppin’” John Martin Taylor, author of “Hoppin’ John’s Lowcountry Cooking,” for dinner to celebrate the book’s twentieth anniversary. Hop on over to Paris Wine Bar and for $60 you’ll get a family-style meal, reception, and drink pairing hosted by Hoppin’ John himself and longtime friend Terry Berch McNally, co-owner of Paris.
Read on for details on the meal and live music.
During the reception guests will be served pimento cheese and “trash” sausage biscuits while Hoppin’ John remains on hand to discuss his cookbook. Oysters, chicken and shrimp pilau, skillet cornbread, and green bean and benne salad will be served during the family style dinner and dessert will feature cobbler. What kind is, apparently, a secret (we’re hoping for bourbon). A variety of wines will be paired with the meal and a Creole and African jazz trio will provide live entertainment through the event.
Reservations are encouraged and can be made by calling the restaurant at 215-978-4545.
Paris Wine Bar
2303 Fairmount Avenue
- Oskar Blues BBQ Night at Lemon Hill
- Tonight: Paris Wine Bar Celebrates Its Opening
- London Grill Expands Next Door With Paris Wine Bar
- Rosh Hashanah Dinners at London Grill, Meritage and Zahav
- The British Are Coming to Lansdowne
- Lacroix’s 5th Anniversary
- Sixpoint Beer Dinner Tonight at North 3rd
- Jersey Tomato Dinner at Kris
- Modern Meets Classic At Marigold Kitchen