Posted by Jason Sheehan on October 22nd, 2012
Yup, that’s the way it’s looking today, with the announcement that KeVen Parker (of Ms. Tootsie’s fame, among other things) is going to be taking over the space in the Reading Terminal Market recently vacated by Delilah’s.
Soul food replacing soul food really is the best possible way this could have turned out. And over on the Insider, there are some details about what Parker will be bringing to the market when he comes.
He said he hoped to open in 45 days with a pared-down Ms. Tootsie’s menu including chicken and waffles, classics like fried chicken and fish, turkey chops, crab cakes, and shrimp tempura.
This new opening will join restaurant operations like Wursthaus Schmitz and the upcoming Valley Shepherd Creamery in the Market’s bid to move strong into the new year. It’ll also be blamed for us likely breaking many, many New Year’s resolutions dealing with the size of our pants.
- Lamb, Cheese and Soul Coming to Reading Terminal Market
- Keven Parker’s Soul Food Cafe Opening in the Reading Terminal
- Reading Terminal Expansion Continuing
- Wursthaus Schmitz Coming to Reading Terminal
- Dedication Week at Reading Terminal Market
- Wursthaus Schmitz Now Open at the Reading Terminal Market
- Doughnut Stand Coming to Reading Terminal Market
- Check Out This Rendering of Wursthaus Schmitz
- Harry Ochs Out at Terminal After 105 Years