Posted by Alex Tewfik on October 22nd, 2012
This Wednesday is Food Day. The name may not be inventive but the nation-wide event does promote healthy, sustainable and affordable food as well as push to reform factory farms.
At Chez Georges beneath Le Bec Fin, Nicolas Fanucci and Walter Abrams are offering a $60 three-course dinner ($35 wine pairing option) that highlights the best that the Philadelphia area has to offer. Local purveyors and farmers for Le Bec Fin will be on hand to discuss their sustainable businesses.
And even if you clean your plates, you won’t leave empty-handed. A CSA goodie-bag will be given to all guests.
Quarry Hill Egg Tea Sandwich, Ouef de Mayonaise, Tom Culton Watercress, Blooming Glen Crudites
Gerome Family Saugage Ragu, Pete’s Produce Toasted Flour Cavitelli, Romanesco, Raw Milk Ricotta
Quarry Hill Guinea Hen 2 ways, Two Mile Kale, Tom Culton Parsnips and Rutabega, Meadows and More Juniper
Beechwood Orchards Apple Tart, Almond, Carmel
Beechwood Apples and Apple Muffin, Two Mile walnut nougut, Vegetable Jariniere
Seatings are at 6 p.m., and 8:30 p.m.
Le Bec Fin
1523 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA
- Annotated Menu: Le Bec Fin’s Chez Georges
- Wine Tasting and Canapes at Chez Georges
- Lunch at Le Bec-Fin, Dinner at Chez Georges
- Perrier Gets His Name Back, Chez Georges Is Now Le Bar at Le Bec Fin
- Steven Eckerd Named Interim Chef de Cuisine at Le Bec Fin
- Julia Child Week at Le Bec Fin
- What To Eat During Center City Restaurant Week, Part 3: Chez Georges at Le Bec Fin
- Le Bec Fin’s Steve Eckerd Is Heading To the Mainland Inn
- Walter Abrams Out At Le Bec Fin