Posted by Tara Nurin on November 2nd, 2012
Remember that time you went to Sippin’ by the River and got so drunk your friends had to keep you from jumping in the Delaware? Yeah, us either. But we’re sure it’s happened to at least someone along the way, considering the annual Penn’s Landing event is one of Philly’s longest running and most cherished drinking events that doesn’t involving dressing like Santa.
But you’re older now, and you might not have even noticed that Sippin’ wasn’t held last season for the first time in 16 years, as organizers pulled inward and figured out how to regroup for the future. What they’ve figured out is that they should make it a more grown-up event, happening November 10th from 1-5 pm, with $65 tickets, a greater emphasis on programming and food and, gasp, a relocation to Campbell’s Field in Camden.
The move was made in part to be closer to Cooper Medical Center, which enjoys a strong relationship with the sponsoring Philadelphia/Delaware Valley Chapter of the Crohn’s Colitis Foundation of America. Marilyn Russell will host, Sal Paolantonio will lead a tutored tasting, beer author Gary Monterosso will run an interactive Belgian beer sampling and Rolling Barrel will pair local wines and cheeses. More than 30 breweries will participate, as will regional wineries and spirits distributors.
The last Sippin’ drew more than 3000 attendees. And who knows, maybe this year’s event will be so adult that you’ll decide to once again be one of them.
Sippin’ by the River [Tickets]
Sippin’ by the River [Facebook]
- Sippin By The River
- Tonight: Drinking Ancient Beers (And Learning Stuff!) In New Jersey
- Sip by the River for Half-Off
- Brandywine Valley Craft Brewers Festival Is This Saturday
- Elfreth’s Alley Speakeasy Costume Ball This Weekend
- Yuengling Toasts Philadelphia with 10,000 Free Beers
- Tonight: Allagash Drink for Research at Revolution House
- Sour Saturday at City Tap House
- Pour A Palooza This Weekend in New Jersey