Posted by Amanda Shulman on November 8th, 2012
Come one come all to the 10th annual Fairmount Fling. The Fairmount neighborhood is celebrating “A Decade of Growth” on November 15th from 6 pm. to 10 p.m. with a big neighborhood bash, put on by the Fairmount Community Development Corporation.
Taking place in historic Founder’s Hall at Girard College, the party will feature samples from over 20 local restaurants, complimentary beer and wine, live music by The York Street Hustle, and a silent auction. Unlike other years, this year will feature a special pre-reception from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.. This pre-recepion will have a head-to-head pairing of food and booze competition from local restaurants as they aim to be crowned the Fairmount Food Fight Champion. Some of the contenders in the challenge include Belgian Café, Bridgid’s, Hickory Lane, Isabel BYOB, La Calaca Feliz, Lemon Hill, Trio BYOB, and Water Works Restaurant.
General admission tickets are $40 in advance, $50 at the door, and tickets with access to the Food Fight are $75. Funds raised go to community improvement projects, so you’ll feel good about helping the community while you munch all night long.
Fairmount Fling [Official Site]
932 South Street, Philadelphia
- Act Fast: 4 Last-Minute Tickets To Tonight’s Fairmount Pop-Up At Cook
- Fairmount Celebrates Barnes Foundation Opening With Restaurant Week
- La Calaca Feliz Takes Over Illuminaire Space in Fairmount
- Isabel, Mexican BYOB Coming to Pennsylvania Avenue
- La Calaca Feliz Is Working for Fairmount
- Watermelon Gazpacho at La Calaca Feliz and Cantina Feliz
- Tonight: Isabel Opens in Fairmount
- Tonight Celebrate Bastille Day
- Charity Guest Chef Pot Luck and Beer Tasting at Lemon Hill