Posted by Alex Tewfik on November 12th, 2012
It seems fitting for Allagash Brewing Company to have released a cookbook, since their product is complex in a way that allows for a perfect pairing between beer and food. Acclaimed chef James Simpkins went on a culinary tour of the country and came back with a series of dishes and recipes highlighting the nuances each beer has to offer. With visuals by photographer Brian Smestad, this book gives home chefs new perspective on cooking with beer.
With that being said, Tuesday, November 13th from 7 to 9 p.m., Pub & Kitchen is hosting the national launch for Allagash: The Cookbook. The event will feature Allagash’s Rob Tod and Chef Jonathan Adams presenting two food and beer pairings(smoked pork loin and fried oysters) as well as four Allagash beers: White, Hugh Malone, Smoke & Beards, and Fluxus ’12.
Pub & Kitchen [Official Site]
- Resurrection Ale House Turns Three
- Resurrection Hosts a Changing of the Guards
- Jonathan Adams Leaving Pub & Kitchen
- Wyebrook’s First Farm Dinner with Jonathan Adams
- Allagash and Cheese at Kite & Key
- Allagash Reserve Dinner Tonight at Chestnut7
- Tonight: Allagash Drink for Research at Revolution House
- Foobooz TV: An Interview with Pub & Kitchen’s “Jonny Mac”
- Leap Day with Allagash Brewing and the Trestle Inn