Posted by Foobooz on November 13th, 2012
The Passyunk Post is reporting that Avram Hornik is looking to reopen the Dolphin Tavern in short order. The sometimes awesome bar with occasional striptease has been closed since the summer.
Unclear is whether Hornik will continue the go-go past, either similar to what the Dolphin had going or more like what the Trestle Inn is today. We’ve got calls out to the involved parties and will update this post when we get more details.
Hornik’s empire has been rapidly expanding. He owns Lucy’s Hat Shop, Noche, Drinkers Pub, Drinkers Tavern, Drinkers West, Morgans Pier, Ortlieb’s Lounge and Union Transfer. He’s also working to restore the long abandoned Boot & Saddle, also on South Broad Street.
HUGE! Avram Hornik Taking Over Dolphin Tavern – With Pics Inside [Passyunk Post]
Photo via the Passyunk Post
1539 S Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
- Hornik Gives an Interview, Names His Riverfront Bar
- Ortlieb’s Jazzhaus Revival
- The Dolphin Tavern Is All Aglow
- Hornik’s Boot & Saddle Plan Meets Resistance
- New Life for Boot & Saddle on Broad Street
- Boot & Saddle Gets the Go Ahead
- Boot & Saddle Goes Before Neighborhood Tonight
- Petition Launched in Favor of Boot & Saddle Bar
- Ortlieb’s Lounge Opening in Mid-Month