Posted by Foobooz on November 15th, 2012
The Butcher and The Brewer will be closing after business on Saturday, November 17th. The successor to the Boilermaker was only open since October 28th. The Boilermaker had replaced the Blue Bear Tavern in March of this year.
A press release from the company says a “recent and unforseen sale of the building” is the reason for the The Butcher and The Brewer’s closure. Staff will reportedly be “absorbed into other ventures” which includes Farmers’ Cabinet.
This is far from the first bit of drama from the Farmers’ Cabinet crew. Shortly after Farmers’ Cabinet opened Matt Swartz and company suddenly closed Fork and Barrel in East Falls as well Tap and Table in Emmaus. Farmers’ Cabinet has seen more of its share of front and back of the house shakeups, not to mention its Virginia brewery.
The press release hints that the concept may pop up somewhere else but you never know.
216 S 11th St, Philadelphia, PA
- Boilermaker Closing, to be Replaced by The Butcher & The Brewer
- A Fork & Barrel Update: Closed, Indeed
- Little Birdy Spots “Good Beer” Delivery to Former Blue Bear Tavern
- Beer Dude Out and So Is the Beer at Farmers’ Cabinet
- Liquid Nitrogen at Farmers’ Cabinet, New Plans for The Boilermaker
- Shakespeare With Your Cocktails
- Tale of the Tape: Farmers’ Cabinet
- Tasting Menu at Farmers’ Cabinet
- Good Cop, Bad Cop at Farmers’ Cabinet