Posted by Foobooz on November 19th, 2012
The Fortieth Street M.E. Church at 4oth and Sansom is slated to be torn down to make way for a contemporary glass-front retail space that will include Dunkin’ Donuts, Whirled Peace Frozen Yogurt and Philadelphia Chutney Company. A fourth space has not been spoken for yet.
The demolition seems to be an issue for some and the church has been slated to come down several times before but it is still standing there vacant.
New retail and dining options to replace church on Sansom Street [Daily Pennsylvanian]
- University City’s Doc Magrogan’s to Open the Week of July 4th
- University of Pennsylvania Food by the Numbers
- Zoning Hearings Of Note
- Dollar Strolls on Baltimore Avenue
- Where We're Eating: December 2009
- Saint Declan’s Well Is Coming to The Left Bank
- All Three Trias Now Open on Fridays for Lunch
- Dock Street Resurrected Again
- Beer Garden at the Porch at 30th Street Station