Posted by Alex Tewfik on November 27th, 2012
Though the name’s been around for around 40 years, Khyber Pass Pub is celebrating its 2nd birthday since its glorious rehabilitation back in 2010. Tomorrow, November 28th, Old City’s iconic pub will be throwing a party full of outstanding beers, great food, and old school music to commemorate Khyber’s rich musical heritage.
They’ve collected an assortment of rare, craft brews on reserve that include Ballast Point Big Eye IPA, Heavy Seas Winter Storm, Stone Double Bastard, Avec Les Bons Voeux, Twisted Pine Pioneer Pumpkin. Every couple hours a selection of drafts will be just $2.
Of course, Executive Chef Mark McKinney will have his menu of Southern/Creole snacks available all night. For the fans of his Benton’s Bacon Grease Popcorn, Chef McKinney has created a birthday special: Smoked Duck-Fat Popcorn.
And to pay tribute to Khyber’s storied history of class and swank, they’ll be offering exclusive limited edition reprints of Khyber Pass Pub’s first-ever t-shirt from the 80s, adorned with the classic “Get Your Ass to Khyber Pass” slogan.
The party runs all day and all night, so get your ass over there.
Khyber Pass Pub [Official Site]
- Oh That Popcorn at Khyber Pass Pub
- STORE: Vintage Khyber Pass T-Shirts Are on Sale Now
- Six Pack: Best Popcorn In Philadelphia
- Tonight: The Khyber Turns One, Again
- Of Popcorn Porn & Louisiana Hits
- Hawk Krall Po-Boy Tees Available at the Khyber
- Tonight: Debris Fries Vs. Popcorn
- Vegan Cocktails Philly: Because Vegans Need Booze Too
- Tonight: Try Bell’s Quinannan Falls Special Lager