Posted by Foobooz on November 30th, 2012
Usually a Sunday with an Eagles versus Cowboys game is a big deal. But not this Sunday, this Sunday it’s a dud. And Chef Evan Turney is marking the turkey of a game at Varga Bar by frying turkeys outside of Varga Bar.
The turkeys will be served with a choice of two sides: roasted garlic mashed potatoes, sweet yams, pecan leek and sausage stuffing with sage, sauteed kale, and orange cranberry chutney. Each plate comes with mushroom gravy, and costs $30 per person. The turkeys will be run from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m. and there will also be whiskey and beer specials throughout the day.
Varga Bar [Official Site]
941 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA
- Suckling Pig Roast at Varga Tomorrow
- Smokin’ Turkeys With All the Fixins for Thanksgiving
- Good Beer and the NFL
- Third Annual Crab Bake at Varga Bar
- 2013 Varga Girl Calendar Release Party
- Lobster Pot on Varga Bar’s New Menu
- Tonight: Calendar Release Party at Varga Bar
- Maybe Home Cooking Will Help
- Bongogash, an Allagash Event at Varga Tonight