Posted by Amanda Shulman on November 30th, 2012
Anthony Bourdain’s new(ish) show, “The Layover” follows the famed foodie as he travels through the US, Asia and Europe where he only has 24-48 hours to reveal the story of a place’s culture, food and people. Well, it looks like his next layover has landed him in Philly, and the episode is premiering the night of Monday, December 3rd. To celebrate Bourdain’s tasty trek through our fair city, several spots are hosting viewing parties.
Alla Spina will be airing the show (with sound) and offering some specials, too, including $3 Victory Via Weisse drafts, $7 Negronis on tap, and $2 off all other drafts.
Han Dynasty locations in University City
and Old City will be holding viewings at the University City location.
An Amis and Melograno Industry Night partnership is also taking place to celebrate. It’ll be held at Amis where the episode will be playing with the volume up and chef Gianluca Demontis of Melograno playing in the kitchen.
Johnny Brenda’s (which is just one of the many places featured on the episode), is teaming up with Philadelphia Distilling to throw a little bash of their own. Doors open at 8 p.m. and the bar will be serving Bluecoat Gin and Penn 1681 Rye Vodka, with $2 from each cocktail going to The Food Trust, a local charity.
The Layover [Travel Channel]
- When Will the Philadelphia Episode of The Layover Air?
- Anthony Bourdain Hanging With Chefs as He Films The Layover
- Your Anthony Bourdain Layover Update
- Philadelphia Layover Episode Debuts Monday, December 3rd
- Anthony Bourdain in Town Filming The Layover
- The Man Behind the Irish Bus Bomb from The Layover
- Anthony Bourdain’s Second Night in Philadelphia
- Where Do You Think Anthony Bourdain Will Eat in Philadelphia Tonight?
- Loser Drinks the Hot Dog Water, The Layover in Philadelphia