Posted by Foobooz on December 4th, 2012
Molly Eichel of the Philadelphia Daily News tracked down Brendan Bownes, the man who downed the Irish Bus Bomb at the Pen & Pencil during Anthony Bourdain’s Philadelphia episode of The Layover. Why was Bownes at the Pen & Pencil that day? Well of course he was on stop 15 of a bar crawl.
I could only do so much 15 drinks in. [Bourdain] commended me for that part in end when I’m just shaking my head and screaming and saying I’m ready for more beer. But that’s the last thing I remember for the rest of my night. I woke up the next day with a picture of Anthony Bourdain on my phone. I said ‘What a good night.’ It was win for me because I was with originally, like, 30 guys. Technically I feel like I won that days events. I also feel like I never need to do that again because I don’t know how I can top that moment of hanging out with Bourdain.
Pen & Pencil
1522 Latimer St, Philadelphia, PA
- About Last Night: The Layover in Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Layover Episode Debuts Monday, December 3rd
- Anthony Bourdain’s Second Night in Philadelphia
- Anthony Bourdain in Town Filming The Layover
- Your Anthony Bourdain Layover Update
- Anthony Bourdain Hanging With Chefs as He Films The Layover
- When Will the Philadelphia Episode of The Layover Air?
- Loser Drinks the Hot Dog Water, The Layover in Philadelphia
- Viewing Parties for Bourdain’s Philly Episode of “The Layover”