Posted by Alex Tewfik on December 10th, 2012
The Michelin decorated, James Beard acclaimed, four-bell adorned Chris Lee has returned to Philadelphia and he’s now working to turn Salt & Pepper into Sophia, a collaboration between himself and Salt & Pepper’s Joe Massara. According to Michael Klein, the goal is to open before New Years and then close again for a larger renovation that will include new fling-out windows and a new bar.
And come spring there will be a rooftop chef’s table and rear patio.
As for Chris Lee’s menu, expect a neighborhood friendly menu at the bar and more ambitious American fare in the dining room.
What’s Shakin at Salt & Pepper [The Insider]
1623 E. Passyunk Ave., Philadelphia, PA
- Christopher Lee Wants to Bring a New Striped Bass to Philadelphia
- Philly-ism Loves Christopher Lee at 1623
- With Sophia’s, Christopher Lee Has Returned to Philly. Kinda
- Christopher Lee’s Sophia’s Settles Into A Family-Style Groove
- Four-Bell Winning Christopher Lee Returning to Philadelphia
- Playing It Safe on Passyuunk
- Le Virtu Officially Christens Its Patio This Sunday
- Two New Happy Hours on East Passyunk
- Scarduzio to Artisan Boulanger