Posted by Alex Tewfik on December 11th, 2012
Golden oldies icon Neil Sedaka spent much of his career sharing his sentiments with the world in the form of song and prose—and he was beloved because people could relate. When “Calendar Girl” hit #4 on the US Billboard Chart in 1961, it was clear that it was an anthem of which most of America could identify with, as it was a tune regarding the unavoidable affinity for the calendar girls.
Varga Bar is keeping the tradition alive this Wednesday with their annual Varga Girl Calendar Release Party. Starting at 9pm, poster-sized prints of each 2013 Varga Girl will adorn the walls, calendars will be sold for $20, and the girls will be there—for a meet and greet of sorts. 25% of all of the proceeds benefit the Liberty USO—the PA/NJ chapter. And as expected, there will, of course, be food and drink specials.
Varga Bar [Official Site]
941 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA
- Varga Bar Launching New Buck-a-Shuck Happy Hour
- Suckling Pig Roast at Varga Tomorrow
- Cameraphone Shot of Talula’s Garden
- Cheu Noodle Bar Updates Menu
- The Butcher and The Brewer Is Closing
- 070707 At 707
- UPDATE: Moon Out at Talula’s Garden
- Breaking: Union Trust Files For Bankruptcy
- Steakhouse Coming To Chestnut Street