Posted by Jason Sheehan on December 11th, 2012
A few months back, we talked about the new book that local writer April White had coming out–Philadelphia Chef’s Table–featuring snaps by Jason Varney (who shoots a lot of the very pretty things in the Taste section of Philadelphia magazine). It’s a handy book to have around (especially if you’re one of those people who obsessively tries to recreate the dishes you try at local restaurants), and, what with the holidays coming, a perfect gift for that local gastronaut who has everything.
As a matter of fact, you could do one better than just buying a book for that special food nerd in your life. You could get the thing autographed.
On Monday, December 17, from 5:30-7:30pm, April White will be at Supper doing just that–signing copies of her book and mingling with the people while chef Mitch Prensky’s kitchen knocks out snacks for the crowd (including the carrot-orange soup featured in the book) and the bar pours specialty cocktails.
Tickets for the event are $25. And yeah, books will be available there for purchase for you procrastinators in the crowd.
April White [Official]
- Foobooz Book Club: Philadelphia Chef’s Table
- How Does Supper Stay Farm-to-Table in the Winter?
- Food and Sex: Fifty Shades of Grey Dinner at Supper
- Kevin Sbraga and April White at Reading Terminal This Evening
- Supper and Bistrot La Minette Celebrating Tomatoes
- Supper Opens Tonight
- Lemon Hill Has An Opening Date
- Mitch Prensky Out At Lemon Hill
- UPDATED: Franklin Mortgage and Supper Team Up For One Neighborhood Super-Restaurant