Posted by Foobooz on December 18th, 2012
Chef Regis Jansen who has been the chef at REX 1516 since it opened earlier this year is stepping down due to medical reasons. Jansen has been battling Cystic Fibrosis and is leaving his position to focus on his health.
Jansen says he is “incredibly grateful for the opportunity and support owners Jill Weber and Evan Malone have given me. Being part of the REX 1516 launch has been a true highlight in my culinary career.”
Jansen’s former line cook at 1601 and sous chef at REX 1516, Justin Swain will take over in the kitchen.
We wish Jansen the best.
REX 1516 [Official Site]
1516 South St., Philadelphia, PA
- Rex 1516 Is Coming to South Street
- Rex 1516 To Bring Southern Cooking to South Street
- Modern Southern Fusion a Hit at Rex 1516
- Rex 1516 Rolls Out New Menu This Friday
- Rex 1516 Rolls Out New Menu This Evening
- Foobooz TV: Rex 1516 Opens Tonight
- Rex 1516 Hits Another (Small) Snag
- Mint Julep in Liquid and Dessert Form at Rex 1516
- Two Bells for Rex 1516