Posted by Alex Tewfik on January 2nd, 2013
Our new friends at Philly-ism gave Chris Lee’s Sophia’s pop-up a go, and they seemed to fall in love. Right now, the space is aptly named Christopher Lee at 1623, and like Grub Street mentioned a while back, they’ll close again in February for some reconstruction and reopen again as Sophia’s when all is said and done.
But for right now, it’s Christopher Lee at 1623, and he’s apparently put together quite the tasting menu.
Parsnip Soup, Braised Short Rib, Crispy Horseradish, Celery Leaves
Arugula & Fennel Salad, Parmesan Cheese, Pears, Almonds, Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Butternut Squash Ravioli, Pancetta, Brussels Sprouts Leaves, Cider Brown Butter Sauce
Seared Diver Sea Scallops, Cauliflower, Capers, Kumquats, Local Honey, Verjus
Wild Striped Bass, Little Neck Clams, Leeks, Baby Turnips, Fine Herbs
Grilled Aged NY Strip Loin, Creamed Spinach, Fingerling Potatoes, Brandied Peppercorn Jus
Desserts from Fond:
Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
Warm Apple Cake
The tasting menu can be revisited this Friday, January 4th.
Cheers to Sophia’s at 1623 E. Passyunk [Philly-ism]Christopher Lee at 1623 1623 E. Passyunk Ave,
1623 E. Passyunk Ave., Philadelphia, PA
- Christopher Lee Wants to Bring a New Striped Bass to Philadelphia
- Phase One of Sophia Opens on New Year’s Eve
- With Sophia’s, Christopher Lee Has Returned to Philly. Kinda
- Two New Happy Hours on East Passyunk
- Chris Lee To Open Sophia On East Passyunk Avenue
- Christopher Lee’s Sophia’s Settles Into A Family-Style Groove
- Four-Bell Winning Christopher Lee Returning to Philadelphia
- Noord Promising Nordic Food in Early May
- Collaborative Dinner at Stateside