Posted by Foobooz on January 8th, 2013
Kiehl’s enthusiasts were stunned to hear that the location at 18th and Walnut had closed suddenly on January 3rd. But the prime corner location won’t be empty for long. A.kitchen’s David Fields’ tells us that AKA is taking over and plotting a “little sister to a.kitchen.” The concept is still being developed, but expect a 35-seat space with a focus on raw foods. The space won’t have a hood, so hot food won’t be a priority, wine and cocktails will.
The 700-square foot space is being designed by the same firm that did the work at a.kitchen. A May opening date is anticipated.
a. kitchen [Official Site]
135 South 18th St, Philadelphia, PA
- Bryan Sikora to Leave A.Kitchen
- A.Kitchen Opens Tonight
- A.Kitchen Now Open for Breakfast
- About the Food at A.Kitchen
- “Le Fooding,” Food+Feeling
- A.kitchen Offers Spring Tasting Menu
- Morning to Night, Things to Bite at a.kitchen
- Do the Math, Every Night Can Be Restaurant Week at A.kitchen
- 3 Bells for A.kitchen