Posted by Foobooz on January 8th, 2013
Brian Freedman dines at Baan Thai in Northern Liberties and finds dishes inspired by their homegrown ingredients.
Rad-nar—tender, slippery flat rice noodles—are listed as being topped with a homemade “gravy,” a word that I’ve rarely experienced having been used so accurately as it is here. This was a gravy in the old-school sense, meaty, glistening and built from a stock that’s boiled down each morning. A nuanced, clear-flavored tom yum, rooted in a homemade chicken stock, also benefitted from the kitchen’s DIY insistence.
Personal Touches Take The Dishes at Baan Thai to a Whole New Level [Philadelphia Weekly]
Photo by Felicia Perretti
1030 N American St, Philadelphia, PA
- Baan Thai Opens in Northern Liberties
- Sonata in Northern Liberties Has Closed
- Behind the Scenes of Lee and Hop Sing
- Spencer’s Burgers Are All About the Toppings
- Flush of Optimism at Erawan’s New Outpost
- Erawan Thai Cuisine
- New Menu At Erawan Thai Cuisine
- What Could Be at Jasmine Rice
- Circles Debuts Thai Noodle Soups