Posted by Foobooz on January 9th, 2013
It has been a tumultuous time for the one time Doc Watson’s at 216 S 11th Street. After decades as Watson’s, the address housed Blue Bear Tavern, The Boilermaker and The Butcher & The Brewer in short succession. Now the two-floor space has a new chance at success as Brendan Hartranft and Leigh Maida (Memphis Taproom, Local 44, Resurrection Ale House) are going to be taking over the space.
The details are light right now, no name, no chef yet. Maida tells us they are aiming to open by mid-March, before her second child is due (The couple raced to open Resurrection before their first child). We figure it will take that long just to remove the wax buildup from all those candles of previous incarnations.
216 S 11th St, Philadelphia, PA
- Strangelove’s Will be the Name of the New Beer Bar on 11th Street
- Strangelove’s Gets a Door
- Strangelove’s Gets an Opening Date
- Strangelove’s Beer Bar Names Chef
- Photo Tour of Strangelove’s
- Cake & the Beanstalk to Replace Flying Monkey
- Blue Bear Tavern Finally Opens
- The Butcher and The Brewer Is Closing
- YOLO Is Toast