Posted by Jason Sheehan on January 11th, 2013
Okay, so we already told you about the Sabatino/Puchowitz/Moore wine dinner happening on the 17th. Then there was the “La Cottora” dinner happening at Le Virtu which brings together George Sabatino (again), Joe Cicala and Scott Schroeder for one big outdoor Abruzze-style winter festival on the 20th. And if that wasn’t enough, there’s also the first of the four-chef, four-meal collaboration dinners from Jon Cichon, Lee Styer, Nick Elmi and Chris Kearse happening at Will on the 13th.
But for those of you who are still looking for something more, how about this? On January 23, 5 more of the city’s big names will be coming together for a cooking competition called “Bubby’s Cook Off” which (perhaps unsurprisingly) is set to be a showcase of modern kosher Jewish cuisine in Philly.
The chefs on board for this event are Jean-Marie Lacroix (Brûlée Catering), Guillermo Pernot, (Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar), Mike Deganis (Alla Spina), Yehuda Sichel (Citron & Rose) and Shane Cash (Rat’s Restaurant). And they’re all going to be gathering to show off their kosher chops by offering small plates for all assembled–plus a distinguished panel of judges.
Tickets for Bubby’s Cook Off are available now at $175 a head with proceeds benefiting Lubavitch of Bucks County and Friendship Circle. For more information (and tickets) check out the event website below.
Bubby’s Cook Off [Official]
- Checking In On The Prep For Bubby’s Cook Off
- Seats Available For COOK September Classes
- Foobooz Open Stove Night IV: A European Affair
- 4th Annual Wing King Competition Next Weekend
- Lemon Society Speakeasy: Drinking For A Good Cause
- Free Tickets To ThinkFest: Round Two
- Food and Sex: Fifty Shades of Grey Dinner at Supper
- Sweet Treats at the Philadelphia Honey Festival