Posted by Foobooz on January 14th, 2013
Robert’s Market Report points us to the jarring news that there is a broccoli and broccoli rabe shortage in the United States. Drought conditions in the Southwest United States has demand outstripping supply.
According to the Reading Terminal’s Iovine Bros., the shortage is expected to last a good four or five weeks. And with the Philadelphia Auto Show descending on the Reading Terminal Market, all those Dinic’s sandwiches might be missing their signature greens.
Broccoli Rabe Crisis [Robert's Market Report]
Photo via McDuff’s Food & Wine Trail
Reading Terminal Market
1200 Arch St, Philadelphia, PA
- Bigger DiNic’s Opens Today
- Musical Stalls at Reading Terminal
- DiNic’s Up for Best Sandwich in America
- Valley Shepherd Creamery Finally Ready to Open
- Keven Parker’s Soul Food Cafe Opening in the Reading Terminal
- Help I’m Going to the Philadelphia Flower Show and I’ll Need to Eat
- Doughnut Stand Coming to Reading Terminal Market
- Sandwich Perfection At DiNic’s
- Hot Sandwiches Are Now Being Served at Wursthaus Schmitz