Posted by Foobooz on January 16th, 2013
Looks like Matt Levin and Square Peg have parted way. We’ve been hearing rumblings for weeks that the chef and Square Peg were splitting and according to Eater, this weekend was the last for the chef at Square Peg.
No word yet on what is next for the chef or for Square Peg, which has been ramping up the events (quizzo, game nights, DJs on weekends) to keep the bi-level spot busy.
UPDATE: Matt Levin has posted his next steps to Twitter:
Yes I have left square peg. It wasn’t fun cooking the same food anymore but I wanted to stay with Larry [Cohen] and Barry [Gutin] so I’ve decided to go to back to brûlée catering where I’ll reunite with jean marie lacroix. I will get to be creative again and work with high end ingredients.
I’m a passionate cook and can’t wait to create some of the best food this city has seen again!!!
Levin worked under and then succeeded Jean Marie Lacroix at Lacroix in the Rittenhouse Hotel.
10th and Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA
- Former Marathon To Become Square Peg
- Adam Erace Reviews Square Peg
- Another One Bites The Dust: Matt Zagorski Out At Hickory Lane
- Preview of Matt Levin’s Menu at Square Peg
- Poor Judgment Dooms Square Peg
- Square Peg In Primetime
- Square Peg Gets One Bell
- Matt Levin Has a New Restaurant?
- Thanksgiving Poutine at Square Peg