Posted by Foobooz on January 21st, 2013
Today is also the first Monk’s Mad Monday of 2013. And as you might expect the Belgian beer spot has a ton of really great beer on tap. Monk’s Mad Mondays are also a charity event (benefitting Fair Food Farmstand SNAP program) so the proceeds from many of the beers and raffles will be donated to charity.
Front Bar at Monk’s Cafe
ALL FRONT BAR BEERS WILL BE CASH ONLY!
- Dogfish Head Birra Etrusca Bronze Ale
- Dogfish Head Bitches Brew
- Dogfish Head Immort Ale
- Dogfish Head Namaste
- Dogfish Head Old School Barleywine
- Lost Abbey Cuvee de Tomme
Back Bar at Monk’s Cafe
- Stone Enjoy By 2•15•13 IPA (CA)
- Stone Vertical Epic 12•12•12 (CA) The final essay in the Vertical Epic Series.
- Russian River Pliny The Elder (CA)
- Tilquin Oude Gueuze å l’Ancienne (Belgium)
- Monk’s Café Flemish Sour Ale (Belgium)
- Chimay Triple (Belgium)
- Delirium Tremons - (Belgium)
- Freigeist Abraxxas Peat- (Germany)
- Lindemans Framboise (Belgium)
- Petrus Aged Pale Ale (Belgium)
- St. Bernardus abt 12° - (Belgium)
- Struise T’jeeses Reserva (Belgium)
- Triple Karmeliet- (Belgium)
- Valier Extra (Belgium)
Monk’s Raffle #1
Tomme Arthur, Vince & Gina have generously offered a box of Lost Abbey Track Series Beers. That’s 12 beers that you would be hard pressed to find anywhere else. They only made 450 bottles of each of these 12 beers and the lucky winner will win a bottle of each. They sold this for set for $450 at the brewery. There has been a little SNAFU with getting that beer to me, so it may not arrive in time for Monday. We’ll give the lucky bastard who wins a call when it does arrive.
We will sell only 100 tickets for $20 each for Raffle #1.
Monk’s Raffle #2
A six pack of Westvleteren XII w/a pair of official glasses. This is the limited edition they sent to the US to fund the construction of new living quarters for the residents of the monestary. Pennsylvania was left of the distribution list, but I am raffling off my personal stash of this incredibly rare beer.
We will sell only 100 tickets for $10 each for Raffle #2.
Drawings will be held as soon as a raffle sells all 100 tickets. You don’t need to be here to win.,
The Philadelphia Fair Food Farmstand at the Reading Terminal Market offers a program for Philadelphia Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefit recipients to “Double their Dollars”. For a $5 SNAP coupon, the Fair Food Farmstand allows them to purchase $10 worth of food. This allows unemployed and under-employed families to prepare meals with locally raised farm products. This benefits both our local farmers and our local families. Many of these families would otherwise lean towards shopping for cheap, processed foods at large, corporate supermarkets. This money will allow them to feed their families with fresh, nutritious food.
Monk’s Cafe [Official Site]
264 S 16th St, Philadelphia, PA
- Monk’s Mad Mondays: Russian River Style
- Monk’s Cafe Is Celebrating Zwanze Day
- Monk’s Mad Monday with Dogfish Head Starts Now
- Monk’s Debuts the Newest Trappist Brewery Tonight
- Pliny the Younger at Monk’s Will Raise Cash for Alex’s Lemonade Stand
- SEPTA Bus Hits Monk’s
- It’s Another Mad Monday at Monk’s
- Tired Hands Hosting an R5 Bar Crawl This Saturday
- Monk’s Cafe Brewery Dinner