Posted by Jason Sheehan on January 22nd, 2013
I want you to take a minute and think: What would be the best possible kind of food truck that could open next in Philly?
If you said anything to do with cupcakes, you’re wrong. Bacon? Get over it. Yakitori would be nice, sure. And so would some kind of mobile meatball-and-charcuterie operation that just followed me around all day dispensing meatball hoagies and salami sandwiches. But you know what the best thing would be? A truck that offered hot, battered and deep-fried cheese curds. Just big, heaping baskets of them, still steaming-hot, maybe topped with a little gravy or something…
Needless to say, when I heard about The Cow And The Curd, I got a little excited. Because that’s exactly what this new food truck will be doing–bringing curds (and dipping sauces) to the people, wherever they may be.
Right now, C&C only has one event scheduled in Philly (the January 25 Food Truck and Beer Bash at Bottle Bar East, where Valley Shepherd Creamery is having their first event tonight), but you can follow their Facebook and Twitter feed to see where they’ll be landing next.
I know I’ll be watching.
The Cow And The Curd [Facebook]
- Bridgewater’s Pub Beer Garden at The Porch 30th Street
- Details on the Fairmount Night Market
- Vendy Awards 2012
- Food Truck Round Up with Spodee at the Piazza
- What, a Twitterless Food Truck? Street Food Philly Hits the Grid
- “The Truck Food Cookbook” Author Comes to Philly
- Brewerytown Food Truck Roundup
- Wheel News: FroYo and Sandwiches
- Just Jackie’s Food Truck at 15th and Spring Garden Today