Posted by Foobooz on January 24th, 2013
Hop Sing Laundromat makes Details Magazine’s Best New Bars in America feature. Hop Sing is listed under High End Cocktails along with bars from New York, Chicago and Seattle.
The 1,000-bottle inventory and the enigmatic, always cuff-linked owner-host known only as Lêe are just two of the draws at this red-hot Chinatown spot.
The Vibe: A feel of aristocratic exclusivity, thanks to Victorian accents and Lêe’s strict house rules (no sneakers, no photos).
The Drinks: A mix of pre-Prohibition-era picks (like the orange-and-lemon-juice-laced Ward 8) and modern interpretations.
Best New Bars in America [Details]
Hop Sing Laundromat
1029 Race St, Philadelphia, PA
- Behind the Scenes of Lee and Hop Sing
- The Revisit: Hop Sing Laundromat
- So There’s This Letter on Hop Sing’s Web Site …
- The Hop Sing Laundromat Dress Code
- This Weekend’s Cocktail List at Hop Sing Laundromat
- LaBan Is the Latest to Fall Under the Hop Sing Spell
- Taste Illustrated: The Hop Sing Laundromat Drunk Walk
- Adam Erace at Hop Sing Laundromat
- Hop Sing Moves to Regular Hours