Posted by Foobooz on January 25th, 2013
Mahari Bailey hopes her coffee-and-crepes spot, Rue 52 can aid in the revitalization of 52nd Street in West Philadelphia. Adam Erace stops in to check out the crepes.
Despite Rue’s thematic Francophilia (hours listed bilingually, a Tumblr billed “nouvelles”), the crêpes are not so true to form, based on the same batter for both sweet and savory versions and overstuffed to American portions. That said, crêpes are like pizza in that even an average one is still pretty great, and Rue’s proved no exception. The classic trifecta of Nutella, bananas and strawberries (the Ben Franklin) absolves all wrongdoing in its warm, gooey embrace. Apples and caramel had the same effect, and were surprisingly less sweet than you’d think.
Rue 52 [Official Site]
Cafe Rue 52
503 S. 52nd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19143
- Crepes Worth The Wait
- Flatbreads & Community at Manakeesh
- Cafe Rue 52 Celebrates Grand Opening Today
- Grill Fish Cafe Comes Up Timid
- Pitruco Turning Out Some Quality Pizzas
- Philly Crepe Truck Tagged As One of 10 Best by USA Today
- Adam Erace Reviews Bufad
- Adam Erace Praises Vedge
- Two Bell Review for American Sardine Bar