Posted by Jason Sheehan on January 28th, 2013
With just five short nights left in this year’s Center City Restaurant Week, we’ve decided to call out individually excellent dishes at participating restaurants–just to remind you, in case you haven’t yet had a chance to try them.
And we’re starting off with a strong one: The pork asado at Jamonera, which comes as a second full course (which, counting shared amuse plates, is really the third course) on the house’s Restaurant Week dinner menu. It’s essentially a pork-two-ways kind of plate, offering roasted pork shoulder and pork belly (in a sherry-orange glaze), mounted over a corn cake with a bright and palate-cleansing orange and fennel salad on the side. Pair this with the cana de cabra (fried goat cheese), some papas fritas and the nocilla bread pudding with bourbon-caramel sauce, and you’ll understand why Restaurant Week is such a killer deal.
All Restaurant Week Coverage [Foobooz]
Restaurant Week Guide [Foobooz]
- What To Eat During Center City Restaurant Week, Part 1: Barbuzzo
- Don’t Miss This: The First Course At Chifa
- What To Eat During Center City Restaurant Week, Part 3: Chez Georges at Le Bec Fin
- The $35 Challenge: Eat Like It’s Restaurant Week At Stateside
- The $35 Challenge: Eating Late At Southwark
- Restaurant Week Alternatives: Pizza Week at Pizzeria Stella
- Restaurant Week Counter Programming
- The $35 Challenge: Eat Like It’s Restaurant Week at The Mildred
- What To Eat During Center City Restaurant Week, Part 2: Zahav