Posted by Foobooz on January 29th, 2013
As part of Philly Cooks Week, we’ll be offering unprecedented access to Philadelphia’s top kitchens and culinary masters like Jose Garces and Marc Vetri through three nights of Tasting Tours. On February, 25th to 27th we’ll be offering three unique tours a night. The first two tours are on sale now.
Monday, February 25: NORTH BROAD TOUR
Stop 1: Osteria. Learn the secrets of making the perfect pizza pie with Chef Jeff Michaud. Enjoy pizza and wine.
Stop 2: Route 6. Take an Oyster 101 class, learn the difference between varieties of oysters, and get shucking with the chefs. Pair the shellfish with sparkling wine.
Stop 3: Alla Spina. Taste and discuss seasonal beers and sample Alla Spina’s signature dishes with Chef Marc Vetri and Beverage Director/General Manager Steve Wildy.
Tuesday, February 26: OLD CITY TOUR
Stop 1: Zahav. Tour Zahav’s not-yet-open dining room addition. Make and eat kebobs with Chef Michael Solomonov. Drink Zahav’s beloved Lemonnana cocktail.
Stop 2: Fork. Chef Eli Kulp will demo and serve his duck feast at the chef’s table, with a perfectly paired wine selected by owner Ellen Yin.
Stop 3: Shane’s Confectionery. Head to Shane’s after hours and help Head Confectioner Davina Soondrum make candies, like Irish Potatoes, mint butter creams and Guinness ganache truffles, and sip on mulled apple cider.
To find out about the next Philly Cooks Tasting Tours, sign up for the Foobooz newsletter.
Philly Cooks Week [Official Site]
Related Tags: Philly Cooks
- Three More Tasting Tours on Sale
- Philly Cooks Week Tasting Tours To Be Announced Next Week
- Final Four Tasting Tours Now On Sale
- About Last Night: Philly Cooks Week Tasting Tours in Old City and Washington Square West
- Learn About the All New Philly Cooks Week
- Who Won the Free Tickets to Philly Cooks?
- A Tease of Philly Cooks Participants
- Philly Cooks: Haiku Contest To Choose A Guest Judge
- Have You Bought Your Philly Cooks Tickets Yet? 40 Restaurants & an Open Bar