Posted by Jason Sheehan on January 31st, 2013
With just two nights left in Center City Restaurant Week, we’ve decided to call out individually excellent dishes (and menus) at participating restaurants–just to remind you, in case you haven’t yet had a chance to try them.
What’s that? You’ve been living in a hole for the past two weeks and haven’t yet gotten a chance to get out and experience Restaurant Week. Well, in order to make up for lost time, you could jump on over to Sansom Street where Time is offering up not just three or four courses, but FIVE–all for just $35. True, there are not a lot of options available, but still: It’s a helluva spread for what most folks will generally drop on just drinks. Check it out:
First course: A selection of hors d’oeuvres and amuses from the kitchen. Just some snacks to rev up the appetite.
Second course: Go with the roasted sweet potato soup with pumpernickel and ham hock–unless you’re really into kale salads.
Third course: You’re getting a risotto. And you’re getting whatever risotto the chef has chosen to make that night. Consider it a palate cleanser–like a sorbet, only made of rice.
Fourth course: You’ve got salmon pho, vegan chili or an oxtailpot pie with bone marrow and fresh herbs to choose from. Unless you’re a vegan, guess which one I think you should get. Hell, even if you are a vegan, go with the pot pie. Don’t be afraid of change. Or oxtails.
Fifth course: The caramel pot de creme sounds good, but there is something very comforting about a warm brownie topped with vanilla ice cream. Especially on a chill night like tonight.
All Restaurant Week coverage [Foobooz]
- What To Eat During Center City Restaurant Week, Part 2: Zahav
- What To Eat During Center City Restaurant Week, Part 3: Chez Georges at Le Bec Fin
- The $35 Challenge: Eat Like It’s Restaurant Week At Vernick Food & Drink
- Make Reservations Now for Main Line Restaurant Week
- Don’t Miss This: The First Course At Chifa
- New Menu at Marigold
- Restaurant Week Is Coming
- Your Guide To Restaurant Week, Freshly Updated
- The $35 Challenge: Eat Like It’s Restaurant Week at The Mildred