Posted by Foobooz on February 4th, 2013
The first beef short rib I had here looked like it had just finished cooking. Biting through its layers of fat and meat, seasoned (but not overshadowed) by smoke, was like sinking into a down pillow on a feather bed in a backwoods hunting shack. The texture defied speech.
The one I got a week later? It could’ve ranked as the best barbecued short rib I’d ever had, but that first one still might be the best short rib, period. Expect something similar with the pork belly and flank steak—though neither of those was quite as show-stopping for me.
Three Stars – Excellent
1204 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA
- Around the Web: Early Report from Fette Sau
- Fette Sau Coming to Fishtown
- Fette Sau in Fishtown Delivers on the Brooklyn Promise
- Tale of the Tape: Fette Sau
- Through the Knothole at Fette Sau
- Fette Sau Is Getting Close, So Close We Can Smell It
- JG Domesticâ€™s Latest Review
- Fishtown’s Soup Kitchen Provides Lunchtime Thrills
- Foobooz TV: Taking A Stroll Through Fette Sau