Posted by Jason Sheehan on February 4th, 2013
Jeremy Nolen and his crew from Brauhaus Schmitz brought their modern German cuisine to the James Beard House on Saturday for a 6 course Teutonic extravaganza that had the well-heeled Manhattan crowds snuffling up everything from blood sausage and parsnips to cherry strudel and ice wine sabayon. From what we understand, the event itself was amazing, and lucky for us COOK photographer and Friend of Foobooz, Yoni Nimrod, was there to document it all.
Check out some of his snaps after the jump. And if they happen to pique your appetite, don’t forget that Herr Nolen will be hosting a class on modern German cuisine at COOK on Monday, February 18, and tickets are still available.
The Brauhaus-Goes-Beard menu, which looks amazing.
Most of the real guests didn’t actually have to eat outside on the sidewalk…
Jeremy Nolen, serving his famous Berliner Luftwurste.
Maultaschen & Dorsch–dude can even make parsnips and cod look sexy.
Brauhaus Schmitz [Official]
- Brauhaus Rolls Out Fall Menu
- Reserve Your Table Now for Hunters Night at Brauhaus Schmitz
- Oktoberfest Dinner with Special Guests at Brauhaus Schmitz
- Baked Maultaschen With Potato-Spinach Stuffing, Chanterelles And Goat Cheese At Brauhaus Schmitz
- Brauhaus Schmitz Turns Two
- German Chef in an Italian Restaurant
- Brauhaus Names Chef
- Two Big Dinners Announced For Bistrot La Minette
- Dinner In Alsace