Posted by Jason Sheehan on February 5th, 2013
According to chef Scott Schroeder, there are two reasons why his Point Breeze joint, American Sardine Bar, became the place it is. First, because he didn’t think the world needed another gastropub (especially one so close to the gastropub he already runs, South Philly Tap Room). And second, because he felt confident that “people will go into bad neighborhoods for a good sandwich.” Here’s what he’s using as bait.
- American Sardine Bar is Hosting a Sausage Fest
- Drew Lazor’s Dad’s Sandwich Now on the Menu at American Sardine Bar
- American Sardine Bar’s Commercial Hits the Airwaves
- Dogfish Head Beer Dinner at American Sardine Bar
- Two Bell Review for American Sardine Bar
- Labor Day Industry Night at Amis with Scott Schroeder
- Tonight: People’s Champ Bologna at American Sardine Bar
- Manayunk Brews Up American Sardine Ale
- So American Sardine Bar Might Be Open
This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 5th, 2013 at 9:00 am and is filed under Food Nerd News, From the Magazine. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.