Posted by Foobooz on February 5th, 2013
Dana Smith Farrell, a partner in Harvest Seasonal Grill is bringing Avenue Kitchen to the former home of Maia and Mix in Villanova. Neither of those concepts was able to survive the awkward location hidden off of Lancaster Avenue. Farrell will be joined by her brother Greg Smith who will be the head chef. Smith has worked for the likes of George Perrier, Jean-Marie La Croix and Chris Scarduzio—after attending both the Art Institute of Philadelphia and the Culinary Institute of America.
The restaurant proposes to offer “commonly loved classics using the freshest, finest ingredients to present simple and approachable, modern American cooking.” The Main Line spot will also have a liquor license and will offer beer, wine and craft cocktails.
Avenue Kitchen is aiming for a spring opening.
- Beer Shoppe Opens in Ardmore
- Malvern’s Alba Expands, Adds Bar
- Suburban Snacks: Liquor Store Bigger Than Home Depot
- Teresa’s Next Door
- US Open Eating Guide
- Suburban Snacks: Food Pics from Xilantro
- Dine The Line
- Tired Hands Hosting an R5 Bar Crawl This Saturday
- Susanna Foo’s Gourmet Kitchen Set To Open Next Week