Posted by Foobooz on February 6th, 2013
Dan McQuade reviews Governor Tom Corbett’s latest proposal to privatize the Pennsylvania liquor system.
- Beer can be sold at grocery and drug stores.
- Beer distributors could buy a license to sell wine and liquor.
- The state stores go away
- Selection should improve
- It creates six new categories of licenses
- It continues pointless limits on alcohol purchases at one time
- It does little to address the negative effects of alcohol
Read the rest of McQuade’s column on the Philly Post. For another look at the privatization effort, check out Lew Bryson’s Why the PLCB Should Be Abolished.