Posted by Victor Fiorillo on February 13th, 2013
While Circles Bala Cynwyd is in the midst of major drama, it’s full speed ahead at the other Circles Thai restaurants. On Monday, chef Alex Boonphaya will debut three Thai noodle soups at the Northern Liberties location.
There’s a creamy version of chicken tom yum, a beefy, star anise-spiked geaw teaw, and geaw teaw ruar, which is basically geaw teaw with the addition of beef blood. “But it doesn’t really taste like blood,” promises Boonphaya. “It’s more like sweet blood.” Note that the spellings of the soup names can vary from province to province in Thailand, and these spellings were provided by Boonphaya, who is Thai.
Circles Northern Liberties will be selling all of the soups in ten-ounce portions for $8, and they’re available both dine-in and to-go. Like pho, the soups are served with an array of condiments, from Sambal Oelek to fish sauce.
PHOTO: Joshua Mallory
- Circles Northern Liberties Names an Opening Date
- Major Drama at Circles Bala Cynwyd… Is it Closed? Is it Open?
- Circles Hosting a 5-Course-5 Beer Dinners
- Tonight: John Taus, George Sabatino Are Collaborating at Circles
- Thai New Year Continues with New Street Menu at Circles
- Circles Is Bringing Thai Food to Northern Liberties
- Circles Adding Another Location
- Early Weekend Plans: Circles Celebrating Thai New Year With A Killer Menu
- Circles Is Celebrating Thai New Year With An Awesome Collaboration Dinner Series