Posted by Jason Sheehan on February 13th, 2013
And in this case, we mean that literally. Apparently, the building (which housed Union Trust right up until it closed late last year) is shedding pieces of its fascade all over Chestnut Street. And as HughE Dillon is reporting over on Philly Chit Chat, the situation has gotten to the point where the city has wrapped the sidewalk in yellow tape and slapped up one of those not-good-news orange signs saying, essentially, that someone has got to fix this mess right quick or the whole joint is gonna get knocked down.
The clock is currently ticking. If repairs aren’t made by March 6, the city has the right to tear the entire historic building down.
Photo courtesy HughE Dillon
Union Trust Steakhouse To Be Torn Down? [Philly Chit Chat]
Related Tags: Union-Trust
- Without a Liquor License, Union Trust Closes
- U.S. Government Moves to Liquidate Union Trust
- Steakhouse Coming To Chestnut Street
- Our New Friends At Union Trust Want You To Know About Their Oysters And Sancerre Event
- Greatest Hits And What You Missed: Burgers, Butter, Bankruptcy and Nuclear Tuna
- Quick Bites
- Del Frisco’s Bought Over $1 Million In Wine and Booze Last Year
- Six Pack: Dollar Oysters
- Wish It Were Monday