Posted by Arthur Etchells on February 20th, 2013
Last night Han Chiang hosted a beer dinner at Han Dynasty with Brian Strumke of Stillwater Artisanal. The dinner featured five-courses and 15 or so plates of Han’s fiery food paired with Stillwater beers. Strumke, a gypsy brewer specializes in farmhouse style beers which pair especially well with spicy food.
Chiang was his bombastic self, stating “any American food, I can do better.” He made this statement as he dropped off a plate of sichuan French fries which were a compelling reason that he might be right. Chiang also stated he wants to do a food truck. No timeframe but he wants it to operate at Temple, where “there are no rules.” Chiang has also been scouting locations for a Han Dynasty in the East Village of New York.
The last beer was a special firkin that had orange peel, ginger and star anise added. It weighed in at 10% and has made today a bit slow.
Han Dynasty University City
3711 Market ST, Philadelphia, PA
- Stillwater Beer Dinner Coming to Han Dynasty in University City
- Han Dynasty Gets Fan Rap
- Han Dynasty Now Open at 38th and Market
- Han Dynasty In University City Hosting Voodoo Brewery Beer Dinner
- Get a Parking Ticket, Get Free Dan Dan Noodles
- Han Dynasty Modifies First Monday Tastings
- February’s Han Dynasty Old City Tasting with Han Himself
- Han Dynasty Expanding In A Big Way
- Stillwater Ales at Noble