Posted by Foobooz on February 21st, 2013
Chickie’s and Pete’s is scrambling as the US Labor Department looks into payment violations and more than 60 former and current employees are suing the now ten-location strong chain.
Though a Chickie’s spokesman says they will “vigorously contest [the charges] in court,” the company’s recent actions, including issuing 2012 refunds on the “Pete tax” and adjusting how tipped employees are paid, must say something.
Chickie’s and Pete’s facing lawsuits, probe over employees’ pay [Philadelphia Inquirer]
Chickie’s and Pete’s [Official Site]
- Chickie’s & Pete’s Hit With Whistle Blower Suit
- Chickie’s & Pete’s Accused of Skimming Tips
- Chickie’s & Pete’s Heads to… Missouri?!?!
- Philly Live: An Update
- Suburban Snacks: Wayne Hotel Gets New Restaurant, Burbs Get Two Chickie’s
- Six Pack: Non-Traditional Cheesesteaks in Philadelphia
- 4th Annual Pizza Olympics
- Will Marathon Go the Distance?
- Bob & Barbara’s Sued