Posted by Victor Fiorillo on February 26th, 2013
Last week, Foobooz broke the news that Philadelphia chef Peter McAndrews intends to introduce horse meat to the menu at his South Philadelphia Sicilian restaurant, Monsu. That story made it all the way across the pond via England’s Daily Mail. And today at 1:30 p.m., we’ll be on the air nationally with radio host Michael Smerconish discussing the controversial issue.
You can listen in Philadelphia on 1210 AM or online at Radio.com. Smerconish is conducting a poll today asking, “Would you eat horse at a restaurant?” So far, about 80% of respondents have said no. In last week’s Foobooz poll, the results looked like this:
- Ready to Eat Horse Meat at Monsu? Maybe Vetri?
- Marc Vetri Serves Up Horse Meat On the Huffington Post
- Where Do You Think Anthony Bourdain Will Eat in Philadelphia Tonight?
- Popolino is “Sloppolino” – Oh No He Didn’t!
- Modo Mio’s Peter McAndrews Coming to Northern Liberties
- Paesano’s Is Heading to Margate
- Peter McAndrews Takes Over Bridgid’s Kitchen
- Popolino Opens Tomorrow
- Anthony Bourdain Hanging With Chefs as He Films The Layover