Posted by Foobooz on February 27th, 2013
Strangelove’s is motoring towards its opening. Last week we told you they had replaced the barn door with an honest to god, hinged variety and now they’ve named a chef. Paul Martin, most recently sous chef at Parc and the original chef at Catahoula will be in front of the stoves when Strangelove’s opens.
Martin, who was born in Louisiana and has cooked in Texas, the Pacific Northwest and even had a three year cycling career in France, will bring that wanderlust to Strangelove’s menu. The menu will also be compatible with the desire of co-owners Leigh Maida, Brendan Hartranft and Brendan Kelly to create another affordable and accessible menu that is appealing to vegans/vegetarians and meat-eaters alike.
Strangelove’s is looking at an early April opening as they await the liquor license transfer. For more on the recent civic association meeting, check out Philadelphia Real Estate Blog.
Strangelove’s [Official Site]
216 S 11th St, Philadelphia, PA
- Strangelove’s Gets an Opening Date
- Strangelove’s Will be the Name of the New Beer Bar on 11th Street
- Strangelove’s Gets a Door
- Photo Tour of Strangelove’s
- Maida & Hartranft Taking Over The Butcher & The Brewer Space
- Strangelove’s Adds Lunch
- Local 44′s Bottle Shop Opens Monday, More Pliny to be Tapped
- Local 44
- Blue Bear Tavern Finally Opens