Posted by Foobooz on February 28th, 2013
Los Angeles based Umami Burgers just received $20 million from Fortress Investment Group in order to fund expansion. Umami has built quite the buzz for their modern burgers in California and now are looking outward. Umami is looking to open 13 locations in 2013, including Philadelphia, Chicago, Washington D.C., Miami and New York.
Maybe as they expand outside of California, they’ll bring back their foie gras and jelly doughnuts.
The Unstoppable Umami Burger [The New Yorker]
- Food & Wine Names Best Bacon Burgers, Goes to Wrong Corner
- Burgers and Bubbly at Vintage
- Shake Shack Confirms
- Travel + Leisure Ranks Philadelphia #2 in Burgers
- Burgers on the Brain
- Center City Burger Round Up
- Dirty Burger Comes to Philadelphia
- Third Annual Philadelphia Burger Brawl Set for Sunday, May 5th
- Iron Hill Burger Month