Posted by Tara Nurin on March 8th, 2013
With snowstorms blowing up half the country and cold rain drizzling on what should have been a week of balmy, sunny days, it’s hard not to miss the summer and the shore. And after Hurricane Sandy, it’s hard not to miss it even more, considering the storm made it so we can’t quite go home to many of our beachhouses ever again.
Sensing our gloominess, Cherry Hill plastic surgeon Dr. Susan Hughes is throwing “A Shore Thing” from 10 AM to 2 PM this Saturday to raise money for Governor and First Lady Christie’s hurricane relief fund while recreating the feel of summer and the tastes of the boardwalk. Playing off the fact that Hughes’ practice specializes in getting beach-shy bodies ready for summer, her staff is transforming a Cherry Hill warehouse into a summer day, where you can first get fatter by stuffing yourself with cotton candy, make-your-own funnel cake, hot dogs and boardwalk fries. Beach arcade games enhance the mood and raise additional money for storm victims, as do raffle tickets good for Tory Burch goodies and cosmetic procedure discounts.
RSVP’ing in advance earns you $50 off your next treatment of $250 or more.
DeSimone Building, 6 Esterbrook Lane, Cherry Hill
- Storm Damage from Hurricane Sandy at Jersey Shore Restaurants
- Chef Vola’s Stands Strong Through Sandy
- Flying Fish to Debut F.U. Sandy
- UPDATED: Phoebe Esmon and Christian Gaal Organizing Drinkers (And Bartenders) For Sandy Relief
- Hurricane Cocktails For A Rainy Monday
- Photo of the Avalon, NJ Wawa
- The Diving Horse Take Over at Pub & Kitchen
- Feed the Children at Ulivo’s Anniversary Dinner
- Side Project Jerky Does Pho