Posted by Foobooz on March 18th, 2013
The James Beard Foundation announced their 2013 awards finalists today. The list of JBF Awards semifinalists included a boatload of Philadelphia area nominees but the list of finalists find just two, three if we claim Dogfish Head’s Sam Calagione. Brad Spence moved on as a finalist for Best Chef – Midatlantic for his work at Amis. Vetri also made the list of finalists for Best Service.
Also announced were the 2013 James Beard Foundation Journalism Awards as well as the awards for Broadcast and New Media. Local writer and former Philadelphia magazine reviewer Joy Manning received a nomination in Personal Essay for her Table Matters story, “The Swedish Chef.” Philadelphia resident Aliza Green was nominated in Health and Well Being Writing for her Washington Post story, “The Gloves Can Come off, as Far as i’m Concerned” It was a double-dip for WHYY received two nominations; Lari Robling was nominated for best radio show/webcast and Art of Food on WHYY TV, produced by Monica Rogozinski was nominated for best television segment.
James Beard Foundation Awards [Official Site]
- Good Luck to the Local Nominees for the James Beard Journalism Awards
- James Beard Foundation Announces Nominees
- 2013 James Beard Semifinalists Announced
- James Beard Award Final Finalists Finally Revealed
- Vetri, Solomonov, Calagione are James Beard Finalists
- James Beard Awards: Finalists (And Journalists) Announced
- 2012 James Beard Semifinalists Announced
- James Beard Foundation Finalists Live
- Jose Garces Wins James Beard Award