Posted by Foobooz on March 18th, 2013
On Tuesday, April 23rd at 7 p.m. at Union Transfer, some of Philadelphia’s most talented chefs will be competing to become Philadelphia’s second Ommegang Hop Chef.
The winner of Hop Chef Philadelphia will represent the city in a cook-off at Brewery Ommegang’s annual Belgium Comes to Cooperstown weekend.
Tickets cost $53.50 per person and includes all the Ommegang you can drink plus tastes of all six dishes that will showcase the competing chefs ability to pair beer with food.
The Hop Chef Philadelphia Chefs
- Yun Fuentes of JG Domestic
- Lucio Palazzo of La Calaca Feliz
- Nick Macri of Southwark
- Pat Szoke of The Industry
- Eli Kulp of Fork;
- Mike Deganis of Alla Spina
Six chefs will each create a dish showcasing their ability to pair beer with food.
Last year George Sabatino won the Ommegang Hop Chef competition in Philadelphia and in Cooperstown. In coming weeks fans of food, beer and trash talking can follow the hashtag #HopChef to learn more from the competing chefs. The chefs however will have their work cut out for them to come close to matching the trash talking of last year’s crew.
1026 Spring Garden St, Philadelphia, PA
- Hop Chef Banter Is Heating Up
- Ommegang Hop Chef Announces Judges, Beers
- Why Are a Bunch of Philadelphia Chefs Heading to Cooperstown?
- About Last Night: Hop Chef
- Photos: George Sabatino Wins Hop Chef
- Who Will Become Philly’s Next Hop Chef?
- Chef Driven Concepts on the Way
- Craig LaBan Praises Eli Kulp’s Fork
- Eli Kulp Would Like You To Try Some Bread